Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Gorundhogs lose



The Gorundhogs are now 1-2-1 after losing to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory 7-1 last night. The Pittsburgh NABA Groundhogs are ready to reverse their so-so fortunes in the playoffs.



Spags pitched well, allowing two hits over six innings. didn't get any close calls.

It's hard to get up for these games. It's good to get in some work. It's too bad we don't have an indoor league full of NABA teams. that would make the games much more competitive, and important. I still hate to lose, and our team is more talented than the five over 28 teams.

Timmy was AWOL last nite.

http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

Guthrie was the only Ducks to show up and scrimmage with the black sox. he pitched to their batters, and probably dominated.




Ideally we will get at least 5 guys to show up next Monday. Regardless of how you feel about the team that eliminated us last season, they are providing us with an opportunity to get better in the off-season and we should take them up on their offer.

I've played alongside Kenny, Goldie, and Slavonic. They are everything you could ask for in teammates. For whatever that's worth.

I would get more out of seeing their pitchers in Feb than I am getting from the old guys in Trafford, but I'm committed to the Groundhogs, and since I only have two nights off per week, one is for the Groundhogs and the other is Sunday.

That said, turnout for our Sunday practices has exceeded expectations, and practice has been productive.

For the rest of the spring, we will practice Sunday at 5, and with the Black Sox Mondays at 7. Make every effort to get to both.

This will make us better individually and collectively.

I'm going to preview all 12 teams. I planned on doing one per week leading up to the season but I'm short on weeks. I'll figure something out. I'm going to start early in my quest to lead the league in HBP.


Bounty Hunter

Quack.